About the challenge
The Premier’s Reading Challenge is a literacy engagement program established in 2022 to:
- encourage students to read more books and enjoy reading
- improve literacy levels.
Benefits of the challenge
The challenge will:
- raise the profile of reading and literacy in schools
- give students a focus for their reading
- encourage students to enjoy reading and read more books
- encourage students to participate by being challenged
- offer incentives and prizes for readers
- build self-esteem, pride, school unity and a sense of achievement among students
- increase the involvement of parents in their child’s reading
- increase the number of library books borrowed
- contribute to increased literacy levels.